About This Job
Dragonfly Designs is currently seeking an experienced Art Studio Manager who is creatively driven, detail-oriented, has a proven track record for results, and will be an inspiring leader and teacher mentor. This individual’s main duties will include managing the backbone of our company operation which directly impacts the company’s growth and development through their actions.
This includes: overseeing, evaluating and implementing a portion of our strategic plan, monitoring goals, making sure tasks get completed and always looking for ways to improve the process. This person ensures we have a motivated, self-managed team who lives by our Core Values.
- We Genuinely Care: About our reputation, about giving our customers a WOW experience, and about each other. We believe a good reputation outweighs profit every time.
- We Are Always Learning: We are always looking to improve ourselves, the company and our offerings. We aren’t afraid to dream big and we see mistakes as opportunities to grow.
- We are a Team of Individuals: Our company culture champions diversity and believes we are all richer for hearing different viewpoints and experiences. We treat each other with Respect, Compassion and Empathy.
- We Show Up: We are enthusiastic, energetic, tenacious, and prepared for the task at hand. We model our Core Values and act with integrity with each other and with our clients.
- We Say Make It Fun: We are really serious about what we do but don’t take ourselves too seriously! Our team will always stop to laugh, celebrate each other’s successes and blow off some steam. We take this exuberant mindset into every single interaction with our clients, ensuring their own joyful experience.
The person selected for this role will showcase their expertise in developing our operating strategies, SOPs and executing tactics that deliver efficiencies in alignment with our Core Values in order to:
Manage a studio team of teachers who:
- Fulfills, with 100% accuracy, all website and virtual Corporate Event orders that ship worldwide
- Prepares all in-person curriculum for our afterschool enrichment classes and camps
- Partners with our leadership team to standardize all art curriculum and kits along with introducing new art curriculum and Dragonfly Designs original Kits as needed
- Prepares for all in-person parties and events for adults and children
- Takes complete ownership of our Studio Operations in order to bolster the success of the company and maintain client satisfaction
- Procures art supplies
Who We Are
Dragonfly Designs is a full-service in-person and virtual art experience company specializing in corporate team building and events, client appreciation, life’s special occasions and art classes for adults and children. We are a woman-founded, family-owned business based in Northern California. Since 2005, Stacee Gillelen has brought the joy of creativity and art to adults and children across the San Francisco Bay Area. Today, we offer our in-person after school classes, camps, parties & events to our clients in the SF Bay Area and virtual art corporate events, workshops and parties to customers across the United States and internationally. Our dynamic team of professional artists guide guests through inspiring, meaningful projects in a variety of artistic mediums.
We invest significantly in our staff’s training and development and we are looking for long-term team members dedicated to our mission.
This job has the potential of being 25-40 hours/week for the right person.
Location: This is an in-person position (PST work hours) in our South San Francisco studio.
- Create a Plan: Build and manage an efficient studio operation by analyzing work flows and organizing our small work space to maximum efficiency.
- Help implement a new inventory management system.
- Meet KPIs: responsible for delivering revenue targets and staying on budget.
- Deliver Projects on Time: Responsible for deadlines and goals assigned by Integrated Marketing Manager and collaborating with the team to be sure projects and packages are delivered on time with 100% accuracy.
- Efficiency & Optimization: Work to streamline processes where needed to aid in successful flow. Measures results to evaluate and optimize workflows and identifies opportunities for continual improvement.
- Maintain the Brand: Ensure all efforts match our brand and Core Values.
- Creativity: Provide relevant, sophisticated insight into
- Reporting: Identify success metrics that drive performance towards our financial goals and monitor those numbers regularly.
- Conceptualize marketing campaigns that speak directly to the pain points of existing and prospective clientele.
- Collaborate with graphic designers to optimize the visual appeal of newsletters.
- Maintain a database: Keep our CRM organized of customers who have opted to receive our correspondence.
Core Duties of the Role:
- Team Management: Lead, direct and inspire others, and manage our entire studio team of teachers to execute the strategic plan. Assess the capabilities needed to deliver results and evaluate whether the current team is able to deliver or needs to be augmented.
- Act as a Teacher Mentor: We have a 4 Tier Teacher Expectation matrix. Work to evaluate and elevate our instructors to their highest potential through ongoing teacher training and mentoring.
- KPI/Goal Monitoring: We develop monthly sales goals and KPI (Key Performance Indicators) for each member of the team. You would be responsible for reminders and check-ins with staff to ensure we are working toward those goals.
- Optimize & Automation: In every situation, we look to learn and determine what is the best way to improve our process through automation, tools or other available task platforms.
- Manage the Big Picture: It’s important that the team understands the “why” behind their work responsibilities and work as a collaborative team with their coworkers who may be in remote locations.
- Deliver Projects on Time/Budget: Responsible for outlining tasks, deadlines and goals for each team member, and collaborating with cross-functional partners to be sure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Performance Evaluation: Actively communicate expectations and provide regular feedback against those expectations through performance management, working with direct reports to evaluate performance and create development plans.
- Analytical: Analyze trends, look at new data, and keep up with emerging and innovative approaches to art curriculum and instruction. Oversee profitability, deliverables, timelines, and budgets.
- Thought Partner: Work closely with the CEO to collaborate.
- 5 years management experience
- 5 + years of relevant experience in an art education-based business
Proficient in our Tools and Platforms:
- Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets)
Knowledge of other platforms is also appreciated.
- Self-starter with a high level of resourcefulness and initiative; able to meet high expectations with little direction. You must be highly detail-oriented with superb organizational and project management skills. To demonstrate this, please put the word “peaches” into the comments box within the application.
- Strategic thinker;understanding both short and long term business consequences of all decisions.
- Excellent people skills, able to foster relationships quickly with multiple team members; comfortable presenting to and working alongside the CEO.
- Experience growing or building an art education business.
- Great communicator; able to collaborate with other team members in a professional, efficient manner.
- Set high standards for yourself and be an example of what is possible.
- Capable of delegating to and communicating with, an in-person and virtual team.
- Possess great technology skills and the ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- Serving as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy.
Dragonfly Designs is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Dragonfly Designs does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex or pregnancy, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract