Are you ready to party like it’s the end of an era?!
Funny hats ✔️
Photo Props ✔️
Noisy Horns ✔️
Super fun activity X
Delectable Cocktail X
Don’t worry, we’ve got those last two items taken care of! After all, you want the party to peak before the giant ball drop in Times Square. The best get-together is one that gives your friends something to do. Have you ever found yourself at a party, tidying up in the kitchen because otherwise you’d be standing in the corner?! The hostess may appreciate your dishwashing skills but you aren’t going to make any memories. So, for your New Year’s bash, let’s shake things up!
Host Your Own Jewelry Making + Cocktail Party
Try kicking things off with an icebreaker game like Two Truths and a Lie. Going around the room, each guest states three facts about themselves – two are true and one is false. The others ask questions to determine which is the funny fib! Once everyone is relaxed, it’s a perfect time for a creative activity. We’ve put together a detailed jewelry-making party tutorial that’ll give you more time to focus on the important stuff (like what you’re going to wear). Add in a gold or silver-rimmed, Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail and you are ready to usher in the new year!
Trust me, with our expertise hosting your own bead bash will be a breeze. Before you rally the troops, you have to round up the materials!
What You Need to Host Your Own Jewelry Making + Cocktail Party
Adjust the amount of each item you have below based on your party size! If you have questions feel free to contact us, or if this feels a little overwhelming, check out our DIY Jewelry Party Kit. It has all the materials you’ll need!
- 1 – 3 plastic bead organizers or more for really large groups, organized by color pallet
- 1 adult-sized measuring chart template per guest
- 3-piece pliers set per adult who is designated to finish off the jewelry that the whole group is making (round nose, chain nose, flush cutters)
- 2-3 small individual bead containers per guest; we recommend small sushi dishes (to keep the beads off your carpet!)
- 1 – 2 Bead scooping spoons
- Jewelry gift pouches to store completed handmade jewelry: 1 per guest (optional)
- Some inspirational images to spark your imagination (optional)
- Flexible beading wire; for stringing beads (brands include Softflex, Accu-Flex, Beadalon)
- Extra flexible beading wire; have an extra 100’ spool on hand
Beads n’ Things:
- A color-coordinated assortment of beads
- Charms Selection: 1 – 3 per guest/per piece of jewelry being created. As an alternative to charms, you can use large beautiful focal beads and fancy clasps as in the examples shown.
- Focal Bead selection (optional)
- Metal Spacer and Accent Beads: we love incorporating metal spacer beads into our designs!
- Jump rings: to attach the charms
- Bead Stoppers (optional, but super handy especially if you are creating multiple strand pieces of jewelry). Pro-Tip: you can use tape in a pinch but it makes the beading wire sticky
- 2 – 4 Crimp beads per piece of jewelry to be created
Or…save time during this busy time of year by purchasing our all-inclusive jewelry-making kit instead!
How to Begin Your Jewelry Making + Cocktail Party (Pre-Party Prep)
Before you’re awesome party, you must practice, practice, practice! We highly suggest practicing making jewelry so when you’re creating with your guests, they not only have samples to look at, but an expert (aka you! ) to guide them.
After you’ve practiced, maybe gather some jewelry inspo for your guests from what you’ve already made or possibly from Pinterest. A creative nudge is perfect to get your guests into the artistic mood.
If you want to make this party so much easier than it already is, put together ready-to-bead bracelets and neckwires (1-2 per guest). That way everyone can flow into their next project when they finish their first. No more scrambling to start!
Another pro tip! If you’re not going to be finishing everyone’s jewelry, leave out devices they can use to search jewelry techniques so they can complete their project on their own AND learn a new skill. You could even send them links to make it even simpler!
Last but not least, we highly recommend some form of refreshments to prevent the most disastrous party mishap of all – hangry beaders (oh my)!
If you’re looking for even more party details so you can be the perfect host – check out this blog! Now let’s get started on your out-of-this-world cocktails!
Pomegranate Champagne Recipe
Click here fora yummy drink recipe that they’ll be talking about until next New Year’s Eve!
Ingredients for Pomegranate Champagne
- 2 tablespoons pure 100% pomegranate juice, chilled
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau
- 1/2 teaspoon pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sweetened lime juice
- Champagne, Prosecco, or sparkling wine, chilled
Instructions for Making Pomegranate Champagne
- Spoon the pomegranate seeds into the bottom of a champagne flute.
- Add pomegranate juice, Cointreau, and sweetened lime juice.
- Stir gently.
- Top off the flute with chilled Champagne or sparkling wine.
- Virgin Mocktail Modification: Substitute 1 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice for the Cointreau and non-alcoholic sparkling cider or club soda for the champagne or sparkling wine.
Tag us @hellodragonflyfun in your pics from your Jewelry Making + Cocktail Party! We hope it becomes a favorite tradition for New Years!